FWBC provides a variety of programs for our youth ages 7-18 ranging from beginning sailing lessons to advanced racing and high school sailing teams. All programs are designed to provide proper instruction in a safe and fun environment to assure a life time passion for various water sports. If you have any questions please contact the office, at (817) 236-8393, or email our sailing director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Junior Sailing Programs
The Fort Worth Boat Club offers Junior Sailing Camps comprising of a variety of activities designed specifically for the enjoyment of our “junior” members. The Sailing Camps run for one and two week periods during the summer.
- Advanced Opti Racing Team (White, Blue, Red Fleets) – This course focuses on mastery of boat handling skills, advanced racing tactics, advanced racing techniques, team racing, fine tuning sail controls, and the physics of racing sailboats. Sailors practice using sail controls, body weight and aerodynamic/hydrodynamic theory to make their boats go faster. Sailors will be taught to ask questions about evaluating and learning about their own performance, and integrate on the water coaching, video analysis and advanced equipment preparation into their regatta experience. The Regatta schedule is focused on preparation and qualification for USODA Team Trials and International Teams.
- Developmental Team Opti Racing (Green Fleet) – This course focuses on development of boat handling skills, basic racing tactics, basic racing techniques, fine tuning sail controls, and the physics of racing sailboats. This group is geared towards developing the necessary skills and confidence to eventually travel to major events. We will be teaching Fundamental Boat Handling, Sail Trim, Rules, Sportsmanship, Basic Starting/Course Tactics and Strategy and Speed techniques. We will have fun activities mixed in so these kids will learn to enjoy the sport of sailing. This group will focus on sailing Gulf Yachting Association events. Developmental sailors are encouraged to attend major events, but not required.
- Intermediate/Advanced Laser Team and FJ Team – Our Laser/FJ program will be focused on preparing sailors for High School, TSA and national competitions. Clinics will focus on Tactics, Strategy, Boat Handling skills, Boat Speed, and Aero/Hydro Dynamics, Nutrition and Strength training. All sailors must provide their own boat for this class, have competent sailing skills and be minimum 120 lbs. All participants must fill out Jr. Program Registration Form, Medical Form and Behavior Form, and be approved by Sailing Director.
How to sign up?
- Select your racing program)
Complete the FWBC Junior Summer Sailing Camp Registration Forms and send them back in along with payment.
- Take a look at our FAQ, if you have any other questions.